How To Plasti Dip Your Rims…FAST!
In this quick video, we use a simple and inexpensive paint called Plasti Dip that ANYBODY can basically spray.
Plus you can buy it at most big name stores like WalMart, Home Depot and Lowes in the US.
Plasit Dip has been around for YEARS. Mostly known and famous for their rubberized coating paints, and now a new and exciting trend has taken the industry by storm.
Every day people like you are learning how to plasti dip their rims and cars.
It’s cheap and easy to do. Heck, you don’t even need a real automotive style spray gun. You can use a house sprayer or aerosol spray cans to get the job done.
We at LABAP are testing out new methods behind the scenes right now and will be out with a series of NEW videos on plasti dip painting shortly. We are also brewing up some EXCITING partnerships, ideas and trainings on how YOU can actually make some money with this new trend if it’s something that you want to do.
Steps on How To Plasti Dip Your Rims
- Be sure to keep whatever you’re painting GLOSSY. This stuff works the best on clean glossy surfaces. There is NO SANDING required when painting this stuff unless you have body work that needs to be repaired prior to paint. Painting over a glossy finish allows you to peel off the paint if you make a mistake.
- Clean your rim with a oil cutting degreaser. A dish soap will work or any car wash soap with a degreasing detergent in it. Oil-Eater works well too.
- Make sure the rim is DRY. You don’t want any beads of water hiding. The last thing you want is water coming out of a crack during your paint job.
- Masking. Mask your air cap and your disc or drum brake and calipers. It would be best if you actually took your rim off and sprayed it. You’ll have an easier time getting between the spokes. You will avoid dry spots and missed areas.
- Spray about 3-5 coats depending on the look you want to achieve. Be sure to spray it thick around the rim bead and on your tire, this way…you can easily peel back the rubber coating from your tire.
- Let dry for about 30-45 min. Unmask, pull off coating and HAVE FUN!
This stuff is pretty cool and fun to spray. Once you get the hang of it you’ll get better and better.
I hope you liked this video on how to plasit dip. If you have any questions or comments please post them below! We would love to hear from you
Plasti Dip aside… If you want to learn how to paint with professional automotive finishes, do custom body work and BLOW peoples minds.. Then check out our World Famous LABAP VIP Program out here! We’ve also just added new investment options for you.
Talk soon and maybe I’ll see you ‘inside!‘