Did you enjoy the video? Check out the LABAP VIP course that will help turn you into an auto body and paint pro, from home!
Do you want to learn how to paint a car fast?
Well, you’re in for some exciting news today. In the video above I break down the 24 hour or less EL Cheapo paint job.
When I make these posts and videos I really recommend that you watch the video and read the blog posts.
Why? because sometimes I miss things in the video and add them to the blog. Plus, with the written version… I have the ability to break things down so you can visually see it in front of you in a step-by-step format.
Are you ready to learn how to paint a car using single stage paints?
Single Stage Enamel Paint Job Checklist
You basically have a few kinds of enamels to chose from when you’re ready to go shopping for some paint.
You have your Acrylic Enamel Urethane and Synthetic Enamel systems.
Acrylic enamel is a harder paint in general because you actually add activator to your mixture.
With synthetic enamel, you basically mix reducer with your paint and that’s it.
Both systems can be sprayed with HVLP or LVLP spray guns and we will talk about this in other posts and show you full length videos inside VIP.
- Your Enamel Paint Kit ($100-$150) for a one gallon setup.
- Sand paper (280-320 grit) and body filler if you have dents that you want to fill.
- Primers and glaze putty for minor repairs and covering your body filler.
- Masking paper and tape (get a good brand of tape). I like “American Tape PG”.
- 4 Garbage bags for covering your wheels Or basic body shop wheel covers.
- Wax and grease remover and lint free towels for cleaning the car down.
- Tack rags for your final wipe down before painting.
- Spare razor blade (comes in handy when removing your masking paper).
Time Frame Breakdown – Body Repair, Prep and Paint
- Sanding the complete car – 3-4 hours.
- Body work, filling light dents, priming, finishing – 2 hours.
- Clean, wash and dry the car – 1 hour. (don’t forget to use an air chuck to blow out seams.
- Masking the complete project – 2 hours depending on size and how many parts you took off to save from masking.
- Cleaning with wax and grease remover, tacking the car down and mixing your paint – 1.5 hours.
- Painting the car – 60-90 minutes.
- Setting up and cleaning your spray gun – 30 min.
- Total real-time work hours – 12 hours give or take.
Should You Paint You Car The Same Day, Or The Next Day?
You have 2 choices.
If you started your job early on the first day and still have the energy to keep going you can paint your car that same night.
Like I said, the actual painting time is 60-90 minutes for 2-3 coats of enamel. Then you’re done. If you do this, you’re a stud.
This means you’re a hard core DIYer and have completed the “12 Hour Paint Job” Give yourself a pat on the back and a coffee or beer to celebrate.
If you feel burnt out and you want to call it a day, just have the car or truck all ready for paint and paint it the next day.
Wake up early 6-7AM and paint it. Have it all setup and ready so all you have to do is wax and grease, tack the car off and shoot it.
Then you’ve officially completed the “24 Hour Paint Job” and give your self a pat on the back!
Job well done.
If you are around and available it’s best to unmask your project about 1.5-2 hours after you paint.
This way the paint is still soft and if you have areas where your masking is close to the body, your paint won’t peal.
Always pull your tape away from your body panels when unmasking. I show you all of these techniques on video within the LABAP course.
If you want to learn all about auto body repair and custom painting but you’re getting confused at all of the videos that you see all over the net.
You don’t need to feel lost or overwhelmed.
Our Private and Exclusive Auto Body VIP Course takes you by the hand step-by-step and guides you to accomplish what you want to achieve with any kind of body work and painting projects that you’re working on.
We currently have thousands of VIP members from all over the world who are getting the results that they want using our system.
It’s not just a DVD or a set of DVDs, it’s video training, step-by-step manuals and technical support and help.
You won’t be left out in the cold anymore. You’ll be part of a community who cares about your success. If you do decide to join us ‘inside‘ then we’ll see you inside.
I hope you liked this post and video please hit like if you’re on FB. Also share and email this to a friend that you think can benefit.
Don’t forget to post your comments below, I would love to hear from you!