Hey, it’s Tony from LearnAutoBodyAndPaint. Today’s topic is all about 10 Must Know Tips When Painting a Car From Scratch! J
- Degrease the engine down, you can use a brush and a degreaser.
- Inspect the car thoroughly.
- To see if a car was in an accident, check the body lines. If there’s a gap, it might have been repaired.
- One way to check if the car is beat up, is to check the condition of the rocker panel.
- To check if the car you are buying is involved in a rear end collision, check the trunk. Lift the carpet and check the frame support for wrinkling and damages.
- You can also go under your car and check on the bumper support.
- To check if your car has a steel or aluminum body, you can use a magnet. If it sticks, it’s steel. If it doesn’t, therefore it’s aluminum.
- After you take your lights out, place the nuts and bolts back on so you won’t lose them. Do it in every part of the car that you remove.
- If the light looks faded, you can buff it out to make it look good.
- The more body parts you take off, the less over spray you’re going to have, therefore getting a nicer paint job.
Thanks everyone for watching the video. If you want to get cranking on your own car project, grab your FREE 85-Page Auto Body And Paint Manual and learn more about DIY auto body work and paint.
If you want to get PRO results on your custom projects, check out the LearnAutoBodyAndPaint VIP Program. Get comprehensive access to 100 hours of training videos, e-reads and bonuses.
Plus, get access to our thriving VIP Facebook community where you get to interact with other VIPs – share stories, ask for recommendations, and simply get awesome support from the #BossPainter community! Secure your slot now!
Please Like, Share and Subscribe to my videos!
Talk soon! Cheers!